Horse raceing

Discussion in 'Basic Math' started by Desmond, Aug 19, 2024.

1. Desmond

Desmond

York race meeting. 7 races with 6 horses in each Odds on picking the 7 winners. Lottery is simple but this.....

Desmond, Aug 19, 2024
  2. Desmond

conway

You say nothing on what kind of odds you are looking for. If numerical odds...ill let a mathematician tell you. If philosophical...

The odds are you will not be happy winning, or losing this game. You may find pleasure if you win. But pleasure is not happiness...

If you want the odds of being happy. Pray to the infinite, and your odds are drastically increased! Act, and walk in love, and your odds are guaranteed that you will be happy.

"The are not the odds, you are looking for!"

conway, Aug 19, 2024
  3. Desmond

solo_guitar

Let me see what I can do here.

Each race is independent: Winning the first race doesn’t change the odds of winning the second.

Probability: In each race, you have a 1 in 6 chance of picking the winner (assuming all horses have an equal chance).
    The Math Work:
    1. Probability of one race: 1/6
    2. Probability of two races: (1/6) * (1/6) = 1/36
    3. Probability of seven races: (1/6) * (1/6) * (1/6) * (1/6) * (1/6) * (1/6) * (1/6) = 1/279,936
    The odds of picking the winner in all 7 races are 1 in 279,936. This means you’d need to play 279,936 times, with a different combination each time, to statistically expect to win once.

I hope this helps.

solo_guitar, Sep 12, 2024
Ask a Question